MS Word files are known as Documents and you need to create a new document whenever you start a new project in MS Word. These documents can be either blank or from a template. In this tutorial you will learn how to create a new document (blank or from a template). You can also learn about Creating a New and Opening Existing Presentations in MS PowerPoint 2016.
Creating a Blank Document
In order to create a new blank document you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the File tab and then access the Backstage view.
- From Backstage view you have to select New and then you need to click Blank document.
- After selecting the blank document a new blank document will appear.
Creating a New Document from a Template
Templates are predesigned documents from which you can create new documents easily and quickly. In order to create a new document from template you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to click the File tab for accessing Backstage view.
- After accessing Backstage view you need to select New.
- There are many templates just below the Blank document option. Templates can also be searched from the search bar.
- When you find the template of your liking select it to preview it.
- Once you select the template preview of the template will appear and then if you are satisfied you need to click on Create.
- A new document will be created with the template you have selected.
Opening an Existing Document in MS Word
- Apart from creating new documents you can also open existing Word documents. In order to open an existing document you need to follow these steps.
- Click on File tab and navigate Backstage view.
- In the Backstage view you need to click Open.
- In the Open tab you need to select This PC and after that you have to click Browse.
- After clicking on Browse an Open dialog box will appear.
- From Open dialog box you have to locate and select your document and then click on Open.