While working on a workbook in MS Excel for a while you may need to add new rows and columns in it. You also require to delete the columns and rows as well as move them to a different location in worksheet. You can also hide the columns as well as rows in a workbook. You can also learn about Modifying the Height and Width of the Columns and Rows MS Excel 2016.
Inserting Rows in MS Excel 2016
In order to insert the rows in MS Excel you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you have to select the row heading where you want to add the new row to appear.
- Now click on the Insert command on the Home tab.
- A new row will appear above the selected row.
Inserting Columns in MS Excel 2016
In order to insert columns in MS Excel 2016 you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the column heading to the right of where you need to have a new column to appear.
- Now click the Insert command from the Home tab.
- A new column will appear right next to the selected column.
Deleting a Row or Column
Now deleting the rows and columns which you no longer need is a very easy affair. Now you need to follow these simple steps for deleting rows and columns.
- 1st of all you need to select the row or a column which you want to delete.
- Now from the Home tab you need to click the Delete command.
- The selected rows or columns will be deleted and the ones around it will shift.
Moving a Row or Column in MS Excel
For moving the rows and columns in an Excel workbook you need to follow these steps.
- Select the desired column heading for the column which you want to move.
- Now click on the Cut command from the Home tab (You can press Ctrl+X from your keyboard)
- Select the column heading to the right where you want to move the column.
- Now click on the Insert command from the Home tab.
- Now select the Insert Cut Cells from drop-down menu.
- The selected column will be moved to the desired location and all the columns around it will shift.