In MS Word 2016 you can add a wide variety of shapes in your document. These shapes include callouts, arrows, squares and stars to name a few. You can use flowchart shapes if you are going to create a diagram showing a process or a timeline. You can also learn about Inserting Pictures and Text Wrapping in MS Word 2016.
Inserting a Shape in MS Word 2016.
- 1st of all you need to select the Insert tab and also need to click the Shapes command.
- After clicking the Shapes command a drop-down menu will appear.
- Now select the desired shape.
- Click and drag the shape simultaneously in the desired location in order to add the shape to your document.
Resizing the Shape in MS Word 2016
- 1st of all you need to select the shape which you want to resize.
- After selecting the shape, Sizing handles will appear on the sides and corners of the shapes.
- Now click and drag the sizing handles simultaneously until the shape size has reached the desired size.
- You can also rotate the shape by clicking and handling the rotation handle
Changing the Shape Style
- Select the shape which you want to change.
- Now on the Format tab you need to click More drop-down arrow in the Shape Styles group.
- A drop-down menu of styles will appear and you need to select the style which you want to use.
- The shape will appear in the selected style.
Changing the Shape Fill Color
- 1st of all you need to select he shape which you want to change.
- Now go to the Format tab and click on the Shape Fill drop-down arrow.
- Now select the Color which you need to use.
- You can access more color options by selecting More Fill Colors.
- The shape with selected fill color will appear before you.