MS Word offers two different ways of saving a file which are Save and Save As. Both of these option works similarly but with a few differences. Save command is used for saving the changes. This command is used most of the time and when you save a file you need to select a file name as well as location for the very 1st time only. After that you only need to click on Save command for saving it with the same name and location. Save As is a command which can be used for creating a copy of a document while keeping the original file. By using Save As command you are required to select a different name than the original. You can also learn How to Create a Blank Document or from a Template in MS Word 2016.
Saving a Document
It is very vital and important to save the document whenever you start a new project or make changes to the existing ones. Saving your work will prevent your work from being lost. In order to save your documents in Word 2016 you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to locate and select the Save command from Quick Access Toolbar.
- Now if you are saving the file for the very 1st time then Save As pane will appear in Backstage view.
- After this you are required to choose where to save the file and then give it a file name.
- Click Browse for selecting the location on your computer. You can also click on OneDrive for saving the file to your OneDrive.
- After clicking Browse a Save As dialog box will appear and then select the location where you want to save the document.
- Enter the name of the file and then click on Save.
- After clicking the Save option your document will be saved. You can then click the Save command again and again whenever you modify the document.