A workbook is the other name given to the MS Excel file. A workook consists of various worksheets which are composed of cells (an intersection of rows and columns). In this tutorial you will learn how can you create a new blank workbook. You can also learn How to save your document in MS Word 2016.
Creating a New Blank Worbook
In order to create a new workbook you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to click on MS Office button at top left corner of the screen.
- In the next step you need to select New.
- After this a New Workbook dialog box will be opened and in this dialog box Blank Workbook is already highlighted by default.
- From here you need to click Create and a new blank workbook will appear.
- Here you need to click on cell for selecting it. All the rectangles which you see in worksheets are cells. Whenever you select a cell, a cell address will appear in Name Box.
- Now enter the text which you want into the cell through keyboard. As you type in, text will appear in the cell as well as in formula bar.
Editing and Deleting Text
In order to edit or delete text you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you have to select the cell.
- Now press Backspace button from your keyboard for deleting or for editing.
- In order to delete the entire contents of the cell you need to press Delete key.
Saving Your Workbook
In order to save the workbook in MS Excel 2007 you need to follow these steps.
- Left click on the MS Office button located at the top left corner.
- Now you need to select Save or Save As.