Taking screenshot is a very useful method of documenting and sharing your screen. If there is a hilarious line which you think can be shared with others it there is a tweet which is important to you and you fear it can be deleted by its owner. Fortunately there are various different methods of taking screenshots. You can either opt for traditional Print Screen key or can also use Windows Snipper Tool. In this tutorial we will learn different methods about taking screenshots in Windows 10.
Taking Screenshot of an Active Window
For taking screenshots of active window you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to press Alt+Print Screen keys.
- Now you need to type “paint” in the search bar located next to Start menu.
- After typing paint you will see paint icon in search result. You need to select it.
- Now you need to click on the Paste icon right beneath the File menu.
- After pasting your screenshot will be in the window that has just been opened.
Taking Screenshot of the Whole Screen
- 1st of all you need to press Print Screen key from your keyboard. After pressing Print Screen key the screenshot will be stored in the clipboard.
- Now you need to type “paint” in the search bar which is right next to Start menu.
- Now you need to select “Paint” from search results.
- Once the Paint application is opened you need to click on paste icon located beneath the File menu.
- The screenshot is ready.
Taking Screenshot of a Specific Portion of Your Screen in Windows 10
For taking screenshots of a specific portion you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to select Snipping Tool and for that you need to type Snipping Tool in the Search Bar which is right next to Start Menu.
- Now select the Snipping Tool from search results.
- When you select the Snipping Tool a small window will be opened and here you need to select New option.
- Now you need to click and drag the cursor for selecting the area of the screen which you need to use.
- Now release the cursor once you have selected the portion which you want to be in screenshot.
- Now your screenshot is added in Snipping Tool from where you can save it.